New Year’s Day (January 1st), Memorial Day (May 31st), Labor Day (September 6th), and Thanksgiving Day (November 25th).
Note: Independence Day (July 4) and Christmas Day (December 25) falls on weekends, so services will not be interrupted during those holidays.
Every two years the Town of Plover offers a spring clean up where residents can place large items out at the roadside for collection by Advanced Disposal Services.
The next year spring clean-up will occur Friday, May 7, 2021.
Weekly recycling will not be collected on the day of Spring Clean-Up.
Did you know that Marathon County Solid Waste Department (Landfill in Ringle) is a very inexpensive way to dispose of your excess garbage and unwanted large bulky items? Currently, for just $25.00 you can dispose of up to 1,000 pounds of waste!
Visit their website for current disposal rates and hours of operation: http://www.marathoncountysolidwaste.org/
Their website is also a great resource for alternative places to dispose of unwanted items.
Let’s make recycling more successful by “Recycling Right”
· Never, ever put garbage in the recycling bin.
· Never, ever place plastic bags or film in the recycling bin.
· Never, ever place grease-soaked or soiled paper products in the recycling bin.
· Never, ever place large plastic items in the recycling bin.
· Never, ever place batteries, light bulbs or waste oil in the recycling bin.
· Never, ever placed household hazardous waste in the recycling bin.
· When in doubt call the Marathon County Solid Waste & Recycling Information Line: 877-270-3989, Advanced Disposal Services: 715-359-6637, or Valerie Parker: 715-581-4603.